This section provides information about what you will need to do to create and configure an exporter from scratch. Information about managing the adapter configurations, mapping sets and exporters is also provided.
Setting Up an Export from Scratch
Do the following to set up a completely new export:
- Specify where the exporter should send data to by creating a new configuration for the appropriate adapter. Configure it with the connection settings for the server you want to export to. See Creating a New Adapter Configuration.
- Specify which data to export by creating a new mapping set and uploading the mapping files you want to use. You can reuse one of the existing mapping sets.
See Creating Mapping Sets.
- Create an exporter, selecting the adapter configuration and mapping set you created in the previous steps. See Creating a New Exporter.
Starting an Export
- From the Model section of the Administration page, click the Export icon.
The Integrations page is displayed which has three tabs. These are listed below with links to the tasks that you perform from them.
- Exporters tab
- Adapter Configurations tab
- Mapping Sets tab
|Export Configurations Backed up by Snapshot|
The Appliance Snapshot feature now backs up export configurations.