The BMC Atrium Discovery User Guide describes how to use the product and should be the starting point for anyone interested in learning about BMC Atrium Discovery. It is intended for IT operations staff and managers who are using and managing BMC Atrium Discovery, including viewing, creating, searching and reporting on data from an infrastructure or a business perspective. It provides the following:
- An overview of the system.
- An introduction to the page layouts and methods of navigation.
- Information on viewing details of your IT systems, both from an infrastructure and from a business perspective.
- A guide to searching for specific data and producing reports.
It contains the following sections:
- First Steps – provides a brief explanation of BMC Atrium Discovery and explains how you can start using the system.
- The BMC Atrium Discovery User Interface – outlines the BMC Atrium Discovery IT Portal and explains the standard pages and methods of navigating the user interface.
- Basic Tasks – explains some of the standard tasks that you may want to perform using BMC Atrium Discovery, such as searching for information, creating, amending and deleting data, associating files with data objects and exporting data.
- Your IT Infrastructure – includes details of BMC Atrium Discovery's model representing the hardware and software items in your network. This data is obtained from host systems during the Discovery process.
- Your Business Applications – includes details of BMC Atrium Discovery's model representing your business software; that is, information about the software applications that are actually running on your system.
- Data Center Baselines – describes what data center baselining is and how BMC Atrium Discovery can be used to simplify the task.
- Managing Reporting – explains how to run and manage the reports included with BMC Atrium Discovery.
- CMDB synchronization – describes synchronization of BMC Atrium CMDB.
- Search and Reporting Service – describes how to search for data in BMC Atrium Discovery using the query language and search service.
- Export – describes exporting data from BMC Atrium Discovery.
Download a PDF Version of the BMC Atrium Discovery User Guide
You can download a PDF version of the User Guide here. Be aware that the PDF document is simply a snapshot and will be outdated should updates occur on the wiki. The PDF file is generated from the wiki on each request so it may take some time before the download dialog is displayed.